Re-polling begins in nine booths in Nagaland
Kohima: Re-polling is presently on in nine booths covering eight assembly constituencies of seven districts in Nagaland, which went to polls on February 23.
Re-polling began at 7 am and will continue up to 4 pm.
The re-polling was necessitated following damage of Electronic Voting Machines, electoral malpractices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute, at the polling stations.
In view of the damage of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs), electoral mal-practices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute during the last Saturday`s polling, the Election Commission ordered re-poll in these polling stations.
All the polling stations have been provided with full proof security, with deployment of central paramilitary forces.
Counting of votes in Nagaland will take place February 28 and results would be announced on same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!