Re-polling begins in nine booths in Nagaland
Kohima: Re-polling is presently on in nine booths covering eight assembly constituencies of seven districts in Nagaland, which went to polls on February 23.
Re-polling began at 7 am and will continue up to 4 pm.
The re-polling was necessitated following damage of Electronic Voting Machines, electoral malpractices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute, at the polling stations.
In view of the damage of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs), electoral mal-practices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute during the last Saturday`s polling, the Election Commission ordered re-poll in these polling stations.
All the polling stations have been provided with full proof security, with deployment of central paramilitary forces.
Counting of votes in Nagaland will take place February 28 and results would be announced on same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi