Re-polling begins in nine booths in Nagaland
Kohima: Re-polling is presently on in nine booths covering eight assembly constituencies of seven districts in Nagaland, which went to polls on February 23.
Re-polling began at 7 am and will continue up to 4 pm.
The re-polling was necessitated following damage of Electronic Voting Machines, electoral malpractices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute, at the polling stations.
In view of the damage of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs), electoral mal-practices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute during the last Saturday`s polling, the Election Commission ordered re-poll in these polling stations.
All the polling stations have been provided with full proof security, with deployment of central paramilitary forces.
Counting of votes in Nagaland will take place February 28 and results would be announced on same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!