Re-polling begins in nine booths in Nagaland
Kohima: Re-polling is presently on in nine booths covering eight assembly constituencies of seven districts in Nagaland, which went to polls on February 23.
Re-polling began at 7 am and will continue up to 4 pm.
The re-polling was necessitated following damage of Electronic Voting Machines, electoral malpractices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute, at the polling stations.
In view of the damage of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs), electoral mal-practices and intervention due to inter-state border dispute during the last Saturday`s polling, the Election Commission ordered re-poll in these polling stations.
All the polling stations have been provided with full proof security, with deployment of central paramilitary forces.
Counting of votes in Nagaland will take place February 28 and results would be announced on same day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal