In Arunachal, one job for each member of household
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday said the government would provide at least one job to each member of a household, either in private, public sector or self-employment.
"We will target creation of one lakh new jobs during the five year period beginning from 2013 and create at least 25,000 such new opportunities during the current year. For skill development and capacity building, we have already set up Employment Generation and Skill Development Councils," Tuki informed while addressing the people on 27th Statehood Day here this morning.
Tuki lauded the people for reposing their faith in the state government and partnering in the development of the state.
"We have to rebuild, re-dedicate and reiterate our unity and march on with a sole mission of peace and progress. I and all my colleagues reaffirm our responsibilities of working tirelessly towards turning the aspirations of the people into reality," he said.
The last few years have brought about a positive change in the development trajectory of the state, he said.
"In 2007, the state`s per capita income was 10 per cent lower than the national per capita income. Today it is almost 10 per cent higher. Our annual growth rate during the 11th Five Year Plan has been 9.4 per cent, which is about 1.5 per cent higher than the national growth rate," Tuki pointed out.
"Our sincere efforts have resulted in realistic progress in health, education, agriculture, horticulture, sports, tourism and social sectors. We have also made progress in road communication and railway and air connectivity," he disclosed.
Tuki assured that the trans-Arunachal Highway, which is under construction, will connect and inter-link 11 districts of the state while Itanagar will be connected by a 4-lane highway with rest of the country. The railway connectivity is also fast coming up and the state will also be in the railway map of the country by March this year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday