In Arunachal, one job for each member of household
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki on Wednesday said the government would provide at least one job to each member of a household, either in private, public sector or self-employment.
"We will target creation of one lakh new jobs during the five year period beginning from 2013 and create at least 25,000 such new opportunities during the current year. For skill development and capacity building, we have already set up Employment Generation and Skill Development Councils," Tuki informed while addressing the people on 27th Statehood Day here this morning.
Tuki lauded the people for reposing their faith in the state government and partnering in the development of the state.
"We have to rebuild, re-dedicate and reiterate our unity and march on with a sole mission of peace and progress. I and all my colleagues reaffirm our responsibilities of working tirelessly towards turning the aspirations of the people into reality," he said.
The last few years have brought about a positive change in the development trajectory of the state, he said.
"In 2007, the state`s per capita income was 10 per cent lower than the national per capita income. Today it is almost 10 per cent higher. Our annual growth rate during the 11th Five Year Plan has been 9.4 per cent, which is about 1.5 per cent higher than the national growth rate," Tuki pointed out.
"Our sincere efforts have resulted in realistic progress in health, education, agriculture, horticulture, sports, tourism and social sectors. We have also made progress in road communication and railway and air connectivity," he disclosed.
Tuki assured that the trans-Arunachal Highway, which is under construction, will connect and inter-link 11 districts of the state while Itanagar will be connected by a 4-lane highway with rest of the country. The railway connectivity is also fast coming up and the state will also be in the railway map of the country by March this year, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda