Indefinite strike temporarily suspended in Manipur
Imphal: In view of the ensuing Christmas celebrations, the Manipur Film Forum (MFF) on Sunday night suspended till December 26 the indefinite state-wide strike called to protest the alleged molestation of a Manipuri actress.
"We are suspending the strike from this midnight till December 26 in view of Christmas celebrations as we received requests from general public," President of Manipur Film Forum, Surjakanta Sharma said over phone.
The strike, having entered the second day today, had been earlier called demanding the arrest of NSCN(IM) ultra Livingstone Anal for publicly molesting Manipuri actress Momoko during a musical concert in Chandel district on December 18.
Meanwhile, curfew was in force in Imphal East and West districts following violence in the wake of death of a journalist of a private TV channel during police firing at Thangmeiband on restive supporters of the indefinite general strike.
Thangjam Nanao Singh, 29, a reporter of `Prime Time` channel received bullet wounds on his chest when police opened fire to disperse bandh supporters who torched the vehicle of the officer-in-charge of Lamphel police station.
He succumbed to injuries at the Regional Institute of Medical Science and Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH