Meghalaya CM asked to appear in court
Shillong: An anti-graft organisation has
dared Meghalaya Chief Minister Mukul Sangma and the State
Vigilance Commissioner to participate at the second public
hearing on the anomalies found in the Rural Housing Scheme.
Meghalaya Right to Information Movement, using RTI, had
found fault with the state government and supplier last year
regarding the supply of substandard Corrugated Galvanised Iron
(CGI) sheets during the period between 2003 and 2006.
"The pilferage percentage under the scheme is a massive
52.12 per cent of the total Rs 19,34,81,221 spent in the
purchase of CGI sheets," MRTIM convener Michael Syiem said.
"The public hearing is aimed at following up to the last
public hearing held in May last year."
The second public hearing will be held November 24 in the
Based on the RTI findings, the MRTIM had complained to
the government and demanded that the government initiate an
independent inquiry into the scam.
The Chief Minister and the Housing Department had
rejected the findings to which the MRTIM followed up with more
RTI queries to substantiate their earlier claims.
The State Vigilance Commissioner and other government
officers and Suppliers were invited to share their point of
views at the public hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly