Mild earthquake in Meghalaya
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake on Wednesday rocked West Khasi Hills districts in Meghalaya, officials said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far. The quake measuring 3.4 on the Richter Scale rocked the two Khasi Hills district at 9:46 AM, officials at the regional seismological centre here said.
The tremor had its epicentre 5 km underneath the earth crust and was traced to have triggered at latitude 25.6 degrees North and longitude 91.7 degrees East, it said.
Meghalaya and the rest of north eastern states fall under seismic Zone V, identified as very highly active seismological plate in the earthquake map of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly