Mild earthquake in Meghalaya
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake on Wednesday rocked West Khasi Hills districts in Meghalaya, officials said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far. The quake measuring 3.4 on the Richter Scale rocked the two Khasi Hills district at 9:46 AM, officials at the regional seismological centre here said.
The tremor had its epicentre 5 km underneath the earth crust and was traced to have triggered at latitude 25.6 degrees North and longitude 91.7 degrees East, it said.
Meghalaya and the rest of north eastern states fall under seismic Zone V, identified as very highly active seismological plate in the earthquake map of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note