Mild earthquake in Meghalaya
Shillong: A low intensity earthquake on Wednesday rocked West Khasi Hills districts in Meghalaya, officials said.
However, no loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far. The quake measuring 3.4 on the Richter Scale rocked the two Khasi Hills district at 9:46 AM, officials at the regional seismological centre here said.
The tremor had its epicentre 5 km underneath the earth crust and was traced to have triggered at latitude 25.6 degrees North and longitude 91.7 degrees East, it said.
Meghalaya and the rest of north eastern states fall under seismic Zone V, identified as very highly active seismological plate in the earthquake map of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?