Militants ambush security convoy in Meghalaya
Shillong: Militants fired on a security forces convoy after exploding a powerful IED with an encounter taking place in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district, police sources said on Friday.
The security forces, returning to Tura from a counter insurgency operation retaliated when they were fired upon immediately after the explosion below a culvert at Daji Tesakgre village yesterday, the sources said.
There was no casualty on either side, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read