Militants ambush security convoy in Meghalaya
Shillong: Militants fired on a security forces convoy after exploding a powerful IED with an encounter taking place in Meghalaya`s South Garo Hills district, police sources said on Friday.
The security forces, returning to Tura from a counter insurgency operation retaliated when they were fired upon immediately after the explosion below a culvert at Daji Tesakgre village yesterday, the sources said.
There was no casualty on either side, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees