Militants attempt to blow up a machine in Manipur
Imphal: Some unidentified militants attempted
to blow up a machine used in repairing a retaining wall of a
river bank in interior Thoubal district of Manipur but police
recovered the grenade placed under the machine in time,
police said on Saturday.
The police after getting a tip-off rushed to Thoubal river
area in Thoubal district where a retaining wall was being
built and later found that a grenade of Chinese make was
placed under the machine used for making the retaining wall
late last evening.
They said the people involved in the repairing of the wall
immediately informed the authorities who sent bomb experts and
defused the grenade at a safe place late last night.
Sources said no individual or group has claimed
responsibility for the crime.
They said it would be investigated whether it was
connected with monetary demand from the contractor or
officials involved in the repairing of the retaining wall at
Thoubal area on Thoubal river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city