Militants hurl grenade at contractor`s house
Imphal: Militants hurled a grenade at the house of a government contractor in Imphal East district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Tuesday.
The militants lobbed the explosive at the house of M Sara (55) at Uchekon area, 15 km from here last evening.
Sarat and his family members were present at the time of the incident.
Sarat`s wife Sorojini Devi is contesting the panchayat elections for the post of pradhan and unidentified miscreants had earlier threatened her with dire consequences if she contested the elections.
It was not immediately known whether the hurling of grenade was connected with the proposed candidature of Sorojini for Pradhan or monetary demand from the contractor, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi