Militants hurl grenade at contractor`s house
Imphal: Militants hurled a grenade at the house of a government contractor in Imphal East district of Manipur but it failed to explode, official sources said on Tuesday.
The militants lobbed the explosive at the house of M Sara (55) at Uchekon area, 15 km from here last evening.
Sarat and his family members were present at the time of the incident.
Sarat`s wife Sorojini Devi is contesting the panchayat elections for the post of pradhan and unidentified miscreants had earlier threatened her with dire consequences if she contested the elections.
It was not immediately known whether the hurling of grenade was connected with the proposed candidature of Sorojini for Pradhan or monetary demand from the contractor, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family