Police still clueless on culprits involved in scribe attack
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh police are yet to make a breakthrough in the case where a woman journalist was shot here on July 15 even as the demand for CBI to handle investigations gained momentum, official sources said on Saturday.
Police have already rounded up six persons and is maintaining vigilance on twelve others while probing various angles to crack the case, Capital Complex Superintendent of Police Hibu Tamang said.
"We have taken up the case as a challenge with all possible steps on to solve it at the earliest," Tamang said.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki had yesterday said the case would be handed over to other premier investigating agencies if the state police failed to make a breakthrough.
Talking to reporters, he said no stone would be left unturned to nab the culprits who shot at Tongam Rina, the associate editor of Arunachal Times.
Tuki said he had already directed the police department to carry out an extensive inquiry, in a time bound manner, in order to catch the culprits.
Referring to previous attacks on media persons and media houses, including the April 15 vandalisation of Arunachal Times office, Hibu Tamang said, "Police being human beings cannot be expected to be omnipresent and omniscient."
"We seek the wholehearted willing cooperation of the civil society to crack the cases and also to maintain law and order to restore the confidence of the people," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?