Militants involved in extortion held in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants involved in extortion have been arrested during separate search operations in Manipur, police said Monday.
Security forces of Red Shield division of army and commandos searched Moirang Khunou area in Bishenpur district yesterday following reports of movement of some ultras.
During the operations, a militant identified as Mairembam Jugindro (47) of the banned Kangleipak Communist Party-Military Council (KCP-MC) was arrested.
Jugindro told the interrogators that he was working under senior leader of KCP-MC, identified as Samananda Singh.
In another search operation, a combined team of security forces and commandos arrested self-styled finance secretary of Imphal division of the banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA) identified as Nongthombam Amit Meitei (28) from Khurai area in Imphal East district yesterday.
They said Meitei confessed to the interrogators that he was involved in extortion activities at Imphal-Dimapur-Guwahati bus parking and Imphal-Jiribam bus parking areas here, adding that he had collected Rs 5 lakh last week from various shopkeepers in Imphal.
Meitei also disclosed names of some PLA insurgents who were involved in planting bombs and attacks on security forces in the past weeks, sources said, adding that one 7.65 pistol along with three rounds of ammunition besides monetary demand letters were recovered from his possession.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on