Mizoram election department gearing up for polls
Aizawl: With preponement of polls in Mizoram, the state election department has said that it is fully prepared to conduct elections to the 40-member state legislature, a senior official said on Thursday.
The Election Commission of India yesterday preponed the date for polling in Mizoram from December four to November 25 and the counting of votes from December eight to December nine.
"After the churches, civil societies and major political parties made appeal to the Election Commission for change in the dates of polling and counting of votes, the state election department geared up to face the challenges arising out of possible preponement of polling date," Joint Chief Electoral Officer H Lalengmawia said.
He said that all the district election officials of the eight districts were already asked to speed up the preparations.
He said that training of election officials has been completed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!