New Delhi/Kohima: NSCN(IM) and government`s interlocutor will hold the next round of peace talks in the national capital on Thursday to find a lasting solution to the vexed insurgency problem in Nagaland.
Top leadership of NSCN(IM) led by chairman Isak Chishi Swu and general secretary Thuingaleng Muivah will meet interlocutor RS Pandey and discuss various issues concerning the demands of the Naga rebel group.
Before leaving Kohima, Swu refused to speculate whether the outcome of the talks would be positive. "We cannot say anything," he said.
However, Muivah "blamed" the government for "failing" to solve the protracted "Indo-Naga political problem".
"We are waiting for the government`s response and we are ready from our side. We want a solution as soon as possible," he said.
Muivah alleged that many opportunities were lost due to delay in the talks, which has been going on since 1997, and accused the Centre of applying "delay tactics".
When contacted, Pandey admitted that the peace talks have been going on for "quite some time" but refused to say anything on delay.
"Yes, they are out quite some time. We will meet tomorrow and exchange our views," he told a news agency.
NSCN(IM) entered into truce with the Government of India in 1997 and since then more than 80 rounds of talks were held between the Centre and the NSCN led by Swu and Muivah without concrete outcome in the last 16 years of truce.