Nagaland Governor denies statement critical of Centre
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar Thursday said he has not made any statement which was critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule.
"The Governor of Nagaland has not made any such statement anywhere, to any person or representative of media," Joint Director of Department of Information and Public Relations and PRO to Governor, Dominic Yazokie here said in a statement.
Terming news in this regard as "concocted and absolutely false", it said, "It may be an attempt of vested interests to malign and sully reputations and create conflict between democratic structures of government."
He requested all media organisations to immediately stop publicity of such mischievous and controversial statements attributed to the Governor of Nagaland.
Yazokie also requested all media organisations to "verify such information with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Government of Nagaland before publication".
The news published today quoted Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar of being critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule wondering if the NDA government wanted those of a "particular colour" in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice