Nagaland Governor denies statement critical of Centre
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar Thursday said he has not made any statement which was critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule.
"The Governor of Nagaland has not made any such statement anywhere, to any person or representative of media," Joint Director of Department of Information and Public Relations and PRO to Governor, Dominic Yazokie here said in a statement.
Terming news in this regard as "concocted and absolutely false", it said, "It may be an attempt of vested interests to malign and sully reputations and create conflict between democratic structures of government."
He requested all media organisations to immediately stop publicity of such mischievous and controversial statements attributed to the Governor of Nagaland.
Yazokie also requested all media organisations to "verify such information with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Government of Nagaland before publication".
The news published today quoted Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar of being critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule wondering if the NDA government wanted those of a "particular colour" in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi