Nagaland Governor denies statement critical of Centre
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar Thursday said he has not made any statement which was critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule.
"The Governor of Nagaland has not made any such statement anywhere, to any person or representative of media," Joint Director of Department of Information and Public Relations and PRO to Governor, Dominic Yazokie here said in a statement.
Terming news in this regard as "concocted and absolutely false", it said, "It may be an attempt of vested interests to malign and sully reputations and create conflict between democratic structures of government."
He requested all media organisations to immediately stop publicity of such mischievous and controversial statements attributed to the Governor of Nagaland.
Yazokie also requested all media organisations to "verify such information with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Government of Nagaland before publication".
The news published today quoted Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar of being critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule wondering if the NDA government wanted those of a "particular colour" in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- NSG likely to meet again to discuss entry of non-NPT countries
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs