Nagaland Governor denies statement critical of Centre
Kohima: Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar Thursday said he has not made any statement which was critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule.
"The Governor of Nagaland has not made any such statement anywhere, to any person or representative of media," Joint Director of Department of Information and Public Relations and PRO to Governor, Dominic Yazokie here said in a statement.
Terming news in this regard as "concocted and absolutely false", it said, "It may be an attempt of vested interests to malign and sully reputations and create conflict between democratic structures of government."
He requested all media organisations to immediately stop publicity of such mischievous and controversial statements attributed to the Governor of Nagaland.
Yazokie also requested all media organisations to "verify such information with the Directorate of Information and Public Relations, Government of Nagaland before publication".
The news published today quoted Nagaland Governor Ashwani Kumar of being critical of the Centre`s purported move to replace the Governors appointed during the UPA rule wondering if the NDA government wanted those of a "particular colour" in the states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?