NDFB demands Rs 1 cr for release of goods train drivers
Tezpur: Suspected NDFB militants who abducted
two goods train drivers from Gamani on Assam-Arunachal Pradesh
border on Sunday have reportedly demanded Rs one crore for
their release, even as search continued for the duo.
Ultras belonging to the banned group telephoned them and
demanded ransom of Rs one crore for their husbands` release,
Jyoti Borgohain and Savitri Borgohain, the wives of the two
Meanwhile, police, CRPF and army were conducting searches
in forests for the two -- Nirmal Chandra Borgohain (52) and
Abhijit Siring Phukan (38), official sources said.
The Arunachal Pradesh police has also been requested for
assistance in these searches.
A suspected NDFB militant identified as Doithung was
apprehended during the searches from Lalborahi village under
Ranagpara police station of Sonitpur district, they said.
The Rangapara Railway Employees Union alleged that N-F
Railway authorities did not take precautionary measures for
security of railwaymen even after engineer Sanjoy Lama was
abducted from Rangapara by NDFB militants a few months ago.
Lama was later released at Batasipur near Dhekiajuli three
The N-F Railway spokesman could not be contacted despite
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II