NDFB demands Rs 1 cr for release of goods train drivers
Tezpur: Suspected NDFB militants who abducted
two goods train drivers from Gamani on Assam-Arunachal Pradesh
border on Sunday have reportedly demanded Rs one crore for
their release, even as search continued for the duo.
Ultras belonging to the banned group telephoned them and
demanded ransom of Rs one crore for their husbands` release,
Jyoti Borgohain and Savitri Borgohain, the wives of the two
Meanwhile, police, CRPF and army were conducting searches
in forests for the two -- Nirmal Chandra Borgohain (52) and
Abhijit Siring Phukan (38), official sources said.
The Arunachal Pradesh police has also been requested for
assistance in these searches.
A suspected NDFB militant identified as Doithung was
apprehended during the searches from Lalborahi village under
Ranagpara police station of Sonitpur district, they said.
The Rangapara Railway Employees Union alleged that N-F
Railway authorities did not take precautionary measures for
security of railwaymen even after engineer Sanjoy Lama was
abducted from Rangapara by NDFB militants a few months ago.
Lama was later released at Batasipur near Dhekiajuli three
The N-F Railway spokesman could not be contacted despite
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price