NE: Train services hit following rail blockade
Guwahati: Train services were affected
for nearly six hours following a rail blockade by different traders organisation at Sarupathar in Upper Assam`s Golaghat district Thursday, official sources said.
The traders body under the local unit of the Chamber of Commerce began the blockade at Sarupathar Railway station from 4 am today demanding stoppage of all major trains at the station.
Among the trains affected were the Up and Down Brahmputra Mail, Janshatabdi Express and Kamakhya Express as
they were detained at various places along the route.
There were, however, no report of any untoward incident, sources said.
The protestors later lifted the blockade at around 10.00 a.m. following negotiations with the district and
railway authorities and assurances that their demands would be
Train services have since resumed though the affected
trains are running nearly several hours behind schedule,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested