NE: Train services hit following rail blockade
Guwahati: Train services were affected
for nearly six hours following a rail blockade by different traders organisation at Sarupathar in Upper Assam`s Golaghat district Thursday, official sources said.
The traders body under the local unit of the Chamber of Commerce began the blockade at Sarupathar Railway station from 4 am today demanding stoppage of all major trains at the station.
Among the trains affected were the Up and Down Brahmputra Mail, Janshatabdi Express and Kamakhya Express as
they were detained at various places along the route.
There were, however, no report of any untoward incident, sources said.
The protestors later lifted the blockade at around 10.00 a.m. following negotiations with the district and
railway authorities and assurances that their demands would be
Train services have since resumed though the affected
trains are running nearly several hours behind schedule,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Rahul Gandhi on three-day visit to Amethi from Wednesday
- ChampOne C1 at Rs 501: Know how to register; flash sale starts on Friday
- Philippines stops issuing haj passports to Muslim pilgrims
- Strong typhoon Lionrock heads for Japan's northeast
- RIP Gene Wilder: Celebs mourns loss of 'funniest and sweetest energies ever'