No arrears for Manipur government employees
Imphal: Manipur government has decided not to pay arrears to government employees, who have been demanding payment of arrears since 2006 under provisions of sixth Central Pay Commission, official sources said Friday.
The decision not to pay arrears was taken during a cabinet meeting presided over by the chief minister O Ibobi Singh last evening, sources said.
The employees of Manipur government have been on cease work strike for the some weeks demanding payment of salaries under sixth pay commission with arrears from 2006, sources said.
Sources said the government had already decided to pay salaries under sixth pay commission in the next few months and and process was on but would not be able to pay arrears since 2006 because Manipur was a poor state.
During the cabinet meeting, Chief minister also showed papers from 13th finance commission saying that they would not be able to pay arrears which would amount to Rs 2000 crores, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market