No proposal to change leadership in Meghalaya: Pranab
Shillong: In a jolt to Congress dissidents demanding removal of Meghalaya Chief Minister DD Lapang, senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday ruled out any leadership change in the state.
"As of now there is no proposal for any leadership change," Mukherjee told a news agency against the backdrop of 16 Congress MLAs demanding ministerial berths and Lapang’s ouster.
"The Congress party is capable of taking care of such crisis," he said when asked about the revolt.
Lapang met the Union Finance Minister at Raj Bhavan late last evening, but it was not clear if they discussed the present political turmoil in the state.
The 16 rebel Congress MLAs have been camping in New
Delhi for the last few days demanding leadership change in the
state, besides accommodation of senior MLAs in the ministry by
dropping independents and the lone MLA belonging to Khun
Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- IPL 2016 final: RCB vs SRH - Virat Kohli on the verge of reaching once-unthinkable milestone
- Know the importance of Prasad/Prasadam!
- Up to 700 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean this week: UN
- After 11 years Mars will come closest to Earth on May 30
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...