No proposal to change leadership in Meghalaya: Pranab
Shillong: In a jolt to Congress dissidents demanding removal of Meghalaya Chief Minister DD Lapang, senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday ruled out any leadership change in the state.
"As of now there is no proposal for any leadership change," Mukherjee told a news agency against the backdrop of 16 Congress MLAs demanding ministerial berths and Lapang’s ouster.
"The Congress party is capable of taking care of such crisis," he said when asked about the revolt.
Lapang met the Union Finance Minister at Raj Bhavan late last evening, but it was not clear if they discussed the present political turmoil in the state.
The 16 rebel Congress MLAs have been camping in New
Delhi for the last few days demanding leadership change in the
state, besides accommodation of senior MLAs in the ministry by
dropping independents and the lone MLA belonging to Khun
Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge