No proposal to change leadership in Meghalaya: Pranab
Shillong: In a jolt to Congress dissidents demanding removal of Meghalaya Chief Minister DD Lapang, senior Congress leader Pranab Mukherjee on Saturday ruled out any leadership change in the state.
"As of now there is no proposal for any leadership change," Mukherjee told a news agency against the backdrop of 16 Congress MLAs demanding ministerial berths and Lapang’s ouster.
"The Congress party is capable of taking care of such crisis," he said when asked about the revolt.
Lapang met the Union Finance Minister at Raj Bhavan late last evening, but it was not clear if they discussed the present political turmoil in the state.
The 16 rebel Congress MLAs have been camping in New
Delhi for the last few days demanding leadership change in the
state, besides accommodation of senior MLAs in the ministry by
dropping independents and the lone MLA belonging to Khun
Hynniewtrep National Awakening Movement (KHNAM).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?