Notification for Rajya Sabha elections in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: The Election Commission on Monday issued notification for holding Rajya Sabha elections in Arunachal Pradesh along with several other states on June 19.
The state`s lone Rajya Sabha seat fell vacant following the expiry of the term of MP Mukut Mithi on May 26, election office sources said here today.
The last date of filing nominations has been fixed on June 9 and scrutiny of papers would be done the next day.
The last date for withdrawal of candidature is June 12 and counting of votes will take place on the day of polling June 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Government should act on its words on Kashmir, says Congress
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- Brexit hits German business morale, Ifo index plunges
- Fierce gunfight underway between militants and security forces in Kashmir's Kupwara
- RBI retains 'too big to fail' tag for SBI, ICICI Bank