NSCN-IM cadre arrested, official rescued
Itanagar: Two cadre of NSCN-IM were arrested and a government official was rescued from their clutches during a joint operation in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh, the police said Wednesday.
Acting on intelligence inputs, the joint operation team comprising personnel of 1st Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre near DC office at Khonsa, the district headquarters, on Sunday and recovered extortion money from their possession, a delayed official report said here today.
The arrested rebels were identified as Changwang Wangsu and Nyuwang Chama, both from Ozakho village in Longding district.
Temen Yakyak, the government official working in Urban Development, who was kidnapped by the duo was also rescued, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal