NSCN militant arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An NSCN (K) militant was arrested by security forces from Khonsa town in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh and seized cash and a mobile handset from his possession, the police said on Wednesday.
On receiving inputs from intelligence that the rebel came to the town to extort money from a businessman, a joint team led by Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre yesterday from Longding road tri-junction at Khonsa market, official sources said here today.
The arrested cadre was identified as Pangto Atoa who hails from New Kothin village in Khonsa. He was involved in many cases of extortion besides firing incidents at Chasa on January 8 last year and at Borduria on March 7, 2012.
The cadre was later handed over to Khonsa police, sources said.
In another operation, the joint forces apprehended two drug smugglers including a female from Khonsa town and recovered 625 gram of opium from their possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video