NSCN militant arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An NSCN (K) militant was arrested by security forces from Khonsa town in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh and seized cash and a mobile handset from his possession, the police said on Wednesday.
On receiving inputs from intelligence that the rebel came to the town to extort money from a businessman, a joint team led by Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre yesterday from Longding road tri-junction at Khonsa market, official sources said here today.
The arrested cadre was identified as Pangto Atoa who hails from New Kothin village in Khonsa. He was involved in many cases of extortion besides firing incidents at Chasa on January 8 last year and at Borduria on March 7, 2012.
The cadre was later handed over to Khonsa police, sources said.
In another operation, the joint forces apprehended two drug smugglers including a female from Khonsa town and recovered 625 gram of opium from their possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati