NSCN militant arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An NSCN (K) militant was arrested by security forces from Khonsa town in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh and seized cash and a mobile handset from his possession, the police said on Wednesday.
On receiving inputs from intelligence that the rebel came to the town to extort money from a businessman, a joint team led by Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre yesterday from Longding road tri-junction at Khonsa market, official sources said here today.
The arrested cadre was identified as Pangto Atoa who hails from New Kothin village in Khonsa. He was involved in many cases of extortion besides firing incidents at Chasa on January 8 last year and at Borduria on March 7, 2012.
The cadre was later handed over to Khonsa police, sources said.
In another operation, the joint forces apprehended two drug smugglers including a female from Khonsa town and recovered 625 gram of opium from their possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued