NSCN militant arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An NSCN (K) militant was arrested by security forces from Khonsa town in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh and seized cash and a mobile handset from his possession, the police said on Wednesday.
On receiving inputs from intelligence that the rebel came to the town to extort money from a businessman, a joint team led by Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre yesterday from Longding road tri-junction at Khonsa market, official sources said here today.
The arrested cadre was identified as Pangto Atoa who hails from New Kothin village in Khonsa. He was involved in many cases of extortion besides firing incidents at Chasa on January 8 last year and at Borduria on March 7, 2012.
The cadre was later handed over to Khonsa police, sources said.
In another operation, the joint forces apprehended two drug smugglers including a female from Khonsa town and recovered 625 gram of opium from their possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender