NSCN militant arrested in Arunachal Pradesh
Itanagar: An NSCN (K) militant was arrested by security forces from Khonsa town in troubled Tirap district of Arunachal Pradesh and seized cash and a mobile handset from his possession, the police said on Wednesday.
On receiving inputs from intelligence that the rebel came to the town to extort money from a businessman, a joint team led by Assam Rifles and state police arrested the cadre yesterday from Longding road tri-junction at Khonsa market, official sources said here today.
The arrested cadre was identified as Pangto Atoa who hails from New Kothin village in Khonsa. He was involved in many cases of extortion besides firing incidents at Chasa on January 8 last year and at Borduria on March 7, 2012.
The cadre was later handed over to Khonsa police, sources said.
In another operation, the joint forces apprehended two drug smugglers including a female from Khonsa town and recovered 625 gram of opium from their possession, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'