One killed in clash in Kohima
Kohima: In a clash, suspected to be
between two rival factions of NSCN, one activist was killed
while a civilian suffered bullet injuries near the high
security Nagaland civil secretariat on Friday, police said.
Police said the slain person was identified as an
activist from NSCN(K) but the identity of the injured
civilian, who was out of danger, was not yet known.
The incident occurred near Billy Graham Road junction
at the entrance of the high security secretariat complex when
Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio was attending a function below the
civil secretariat compound, the other side of the walled area.
Police suspected the incident as part of on-going turf
war between NSCN (Khaplang) and Khole-Kitovi led GPRN/NSCN
since they split in June last year.
Since December the rival groups were engaged in
clashes in different parts of the state with three civilians
having suffered injuries in Forest Colony of Kohima following
a clash between the two in December last.
At least 12 cadre from both sides were killed with
spate of factional clashes after a vertical split in the
united GPRN/NSCN led by S S Khaplang in June last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29