`Over Rs 5,850 cr of unspent central funds diverted to NLCPR`
New Delhi: Unspent funds to tune of over Rs 5,850 crore of various Union ministries, meant for projects and schemes in Northeast states, have been diverted to Non- Lapsable Central Pool of Resources between 2008-09 and 2010-11, government said on Tuesday.
Minister for Development of Northeastern Region Paban Singh Ghatowar, replying to a question in Lok Sabha, said unspent funds earmarked for the region was Rs 2,009.16 crore in 2008-09 while the amount was Rs 1,705.70 crore in 2009-10.
In 2010-11, unspent funds of various ministries was Rs 2,142.53 crore.
The Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) pools unspent funds of various Union ministries which were mandated to spend 10 per cent of their budget allocation for development of northeastern region.
The Ministry for Development of northeastern Region allocates funds from the NLCPR to various Northeast states for infrastructure projects.
A number of Central ministries were mandated to allocate at least 10 per cent of their plan budget for developmental schemes in Northeast states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das