`Over Rs 5,850 cr of unspent central funds diverted to NLCPR`
New Delhi: Unspent funds to tune of over Rs 5,850 crore of various Union ministries, meant for projects and schemes in Northeast states, have been diverted to Non- Lapsable Central Pool of Resources between 2008-09 and 2010-11, government said on Tuesday.
Minister for Development of Northeastern Region Paban Singh Ghatowar, replying to a question in Lok Sabha, said unspent funds earmarked for the region was Rs 2,009.16 crore in 2008-09 while the amount was Rs 1,705.70 crore in 2009-10.
In 2010-11, unspent funds of various ministries was Rs 2,142.53 crore.
The Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) pools unspent funds of various Union ministries which were mandated to spend 10 per cent of their budget allocation for development of northeastern region.
The Ministry for Development of northeastern Region allocates funds from the NLCPR to various Northeast states for infrastructure projects.
A number of Central ministries were mandated to allocate at least 10 per cent of their plan budget for developmental schemes in Northeast states.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India