PC party merges with MNF
Aizawl: People`s Conference (PC) party led by former deputy chief minister Lalhmingthanga on Thursday merged with Mizo National Front (MNF), the main opposition party in Mizoram.
MNF is led by former chief minister Zoramthanga.
The merger was officially announced in a crowded public meeting held here which was addressed by Zoramthanga, Lalhmingthanga and other leaders from both the parties.
The merger was seen as an important development in view of the coming state Assembly polls next year.
PC party was the break-away group of Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) led by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer and son of the former chief minister Brig T Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster