PC party merges with MNF
Aizawl: People`s Conference (PC) party led by former deputy chief minister Lalhmingthanga on Thursday merged with Mizo National Front (MNF), the main opposition party in Mizoram.
MNF is led by former chief minister Zoramthanga.
The merger was officially announced in a crowded public meeting held here which was addressed by Zoramthanga, Lalhmingthanga and other leaders from both the parties.
The merger was seen as an important development in view of the coming state Assembly polls next year.
PC party was the break-away group of Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) led by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer and son of the former chief minister Brig T Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir