PC party merges with MNF
Aizawl: People`s Conference (PC) party led by former deputy chief minister Lalhmingthanga on Thursday merged with Mizo National Front (MNF), the main opposition party in Mizoram.
MNF is led by former chief minister Zoramthanga.
The merger was officially announced in a crowded public meeting held here which was addressed by Zoramthanga, Lalhmingthanga and other leaders from both the parties.
The merger was seen as an important development in view of the coming state Assembly polls next year.
PC party was the break-away group of Mizoram People`s Conference (MPC) led by Lalhmangaiha Sailo, a retired Indian Revenue Service (IRS) officer and son of the former chief minister Brig T Sailo.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Turkish army killed suspected IS militants at Syria border - security sources
- Mehbooba Mufti takes oath as member of Jammu and Kashmir Assembly
- Brexit campaigner Gove bids to succeed Cameron as UK premier
- Turkey detains 13 suspects over Istanbul airport attack
- Taliban suicide bombers attack Afghan police; dozens killed