PM, HM should ensure safety of NE people: Mizoram CM
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to ensure safety of north eastern people living in other parts of the country.
An official statement said that Lal Thanhawla held telephonic discussions with the Prime Minister and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
The Prime Minister told the Chief Minister that there was no danger to the people of the north eastern region living in the other regions of the country, it said..
Lal Thanhawla also wrote a letter to Karnataka Chief Minister Jagdish Shettar to ensure the safety of the north eastern people and take steps to prevent any action targeting them.
Meanwhile, Mizo Zirlai Pawl (Mizo Students` Federation) made an appeal to the Centre and the state governments, where students from the north eastern states were living, to take immediate steps to defuse tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!