PM, HM should ensure safety of NE people: Mizoram CM
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Thursday appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to ensure safety of north eastern people living in other parts of the country.
An official statement said that Lal Thanhawla held telephonic discussions with the Prime Minister and Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde.
The Prime Minister told the Chief Minister that there was no danger to the people of the north eastern region living in the other regions of the country, it said..
Lal Thanhawla also wrote a letter to Karnataka Chief Minister Jagdish Shettar to ensure the safety of the north eastern people and take steps to prevent any action targeting them.
Meanwhile, Mizo Zirlai Pawl (Mizo Students` Federation) made an appeal to the Centre and the state governments, where students from the north eastern states were living, to take immediate steps to defuse tension.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal