PM to launch NLUP prog later this year; Lal Thanhawla
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla
today said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh agreed in
principle to launch the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) the
flagship programme of the Congress government in Aizawl during
the later part of this year.
Addressing a press conference here after returning from
Delhi, Lal Thanhawla said that the officials of the cabinet
secretariat have approved Rs 2,750 crore for implementation of
the NLUP and would soon submit its proposal to the Cabinet
Committee on Economic Affairs for final approval.
The Chief Minister, who also holds Power portfolio said
that relentless efforts have been made by the department to
ensure no power disruption in Mizoram, dominated by football
lovers, during the coming World Cup football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH