PM to launch NLUP prog later this year; Lal Thanhawla
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla
today said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh agreed in
principle to launch the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) the
flagship programme of the Congress government in Aizawl during
the later part of this year.
Addressing a press conference here after returning from
Delhi, Lal Thanhawla said that the officials of the cabinet
secretariat have approved Rs 2,750 crore for implementation of
the NLUP and would soon submit its proposal to the Cabinet
Committee on Economic Affairs for final approval.
The Chief Minister, who also holds Power portfolio said
that relentless efforts have been made by the department to
ensure no power disruption in Mizoram, dominated by football
lovers, during the coming World Cup football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble