PM to launch NLUP prog later this year; Lal Thanhawla
Aizawl: Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla
today said that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh agreed in
principle to launch the New Land Use Policy (NLUP) the
flagship programme of the Congress government in Aizawl during
the later part of this year.
Addressing a press conference here after returning from
Delhi, Lal Thanhawla said that the officials of the cabinet
secretariat have approved Rs 2,750 crore for implementation of
the NLUP and would soon submit its proposal to the Cabinet
Committee on Economic Affairs for final approval.
The Chief Minister, who also holds Power portfolio said
that relentless efforts have been made by the department to
ensure no power disruption in Mizoram, dominated by football
lovers, during the coming World Cup football.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Sensex cracks below 26,000-mark, tanks 461 points
- Ranbir Kapoor's superhero dreams shattered?
- Make PM Narendra Modi's educational qualification public; people want to know truth: Arvind Kejriwal
- PM Narendra Modi takes his place alongside other world leaders at Madame Tussauds
- Indra Nooyi, Satya Nadella, Bhavesh Patel among highest paid CEOs in world