Poll preparedness reviewed in Nagaland
Kohima: With barely three weeks left for the February 23 polls in Nagaland, Chief Secretary Alemtemshi Jamir on Monday reviewed poll preparedness of every district with Deputy Commissioners (DCs), Superintendents of Police (SPs) and other officials of key departments.
The review meeting discussed threadbare and took stock of the preparations being undertaken throughout the state with regard to the forthcoming Assembly Elections.
Jamir in his address urged the DCs and SPs to have close co-ordination between their offices and reviewed the actions to be taken at the district level for poll preparedness.
Various issues pertaining to respective districts were highlighted by the DCs and SPs which were discussed and addressed to by the senior officials.
Chief Electoral Officer, Nagaland, J Alam said the conduct of elections is an effort of the entire government machinery and not just of the election officials.
He also reminded the DCs that the resources of their respective districts are at their command and may be utilised wherever possible.
Commissioner & Secretary, Transport, Neihu C Thur also briefed the house about the vehicle requisitioning status. With regard to transport it was decided that a state level committee would be constituted for better coordination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?