Poll preparedness reviewed in Nagaland
Kohima: With barely three weeks left for the February 23 polls in Nagaland, Chief Secretary Alemtemshi Jamir on Monday reviewed poll preparedness of every district with Deputy Commissioners (DCs), Superintendents of Police (SPs) and other officials of key departments.
The review meeting discussed threadbare and took stock of the preparations being undertaken throughout the state with regard to the forthcoming Assembly Elections.
Jamir in his address urged the DCs and SPs to have close co-ordination between their offices and reviewed the actions to be taken at the district level for poll preparedness.
Various issues pertaining to respective districts were highlighted by the DCs and SPs which were discussed and addressed to by the senior officials.
Chief Electoral Officer, Nagaland, J Alam said the conduct of elections is an effort of the entire government machinery and not just of the election officials.
He also reminded the DCs that the resources of their respective districts are at their command and may be utilised wherever possible.
Commissioner & Secretary, Transport, Neihu C Thur also briefed the house about the vehicle requisitioning status. With regard to transport it was decided that a state level committee would be constituted for better coordination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!