Powerful bomb found in Assam bus
Jorhat (Assam): A powerful bomb, suspected to have been planted by the banned NDFB, was found on Monday from a bus carrying 35 passengers in Assam`s Jorhat district.
"The bomb, kept in a polythene bag, was found under
the last seat of an Assam State Transport bus en route Guwahati from Sonari in Sibsagar," Additional Superintendent of Police in Jorhat Subodh Sonowal said.
The police received a tip-off and intensified patrolling along the route and recovered the bomb during a search operation in Teok town of Jorhat district, he said.
NDFB militants were suspected to have planted the bomb which was later defused by bomb experts.
Meanwhile, security has been further tightened in the area following the recovery of the bomb, Sonowal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video
- Modi govt@2: Have an enormous task ahead, says PM
- Hindu majority needed to save democracy in India, Uniform Civil Code important: Subramanian Swamy
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest