Powerful bomb found in Assam bus
Jorhat (Assam): A powerful bomb, suspected to have been planted by the banned NDFB, was found on Monday from a bus carrying 35 passengers in Assam`s Jorhat district.
"The bomb, kept in a polythene bag, was found under
the last seat of an Assam State Transport bus en route Guwahati from Sonari in Sibsagar," Additional Superintendent of Police in Jorhat Subodh Sonowal said.
The police received a tip-off and intensified patrolling along the route and recovered the bomb during a search operation in Teok town of Jorhat district, he said.
NDFB militants were suspected to have planted the bomb which was later defused by bomb experts.
Meanwhile, security has been further tightened in the area following the recovery of the bomb, Sonowal said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'