Powerful IED recovered from Manipur road
Imphal: A powerful Improvised Explosive Device (IED), suspected to have been planted by militants, was recovered on Monday from a road in interior Thoubal district of Manipur by para-miltary forces, official sources said.
A boy playing in the area detected a suspicious object, weighing more than 3.50 kg, and informed others who reported the matter to the nearby Assam Rifles personnel of 28th battalion post at Tairen Makhong.
The IED was later defused by experts. A remote-controlled device was also fixed with the explosive which was planted by suspected militants to attack security personnel passing through the area, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi