Rahul Gandhi to hold poll rallies in Meghalaya
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the Feb 23 assembly elections, party sources said here.
"Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has campaigned in the poll-bound state.
Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls Feb 23. Polls in Tripura were held on Feb 14.
Results in the three northeast states will be announced Feb 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP