Rahul Gandhi to hold poll rallies in Meghalaya
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the Feb 23 assembly elections, party sources said here.
"Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has campaigned in the poll-bound state.
Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls Feb 23. Polls in Tripura were held on Feb 14.
Results in the three northeast states will be announced Feb 28.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Five indicators of India's looming demographic disaster
- 13 Indians died in Pakistan jails since 2013, India calls for thorough investigation
- 'Invisible hand' behind inaction of CBI, ED in AgustaWestland probe, says Manohar Parrikar in Rajya Sabha
- 'Will give up public life if found guilty in AgustaWestland scam'
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning a dinner for Anushka Sharma?