Rahul Gandhi to hold poll rallies in Meghalaya
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the Feb 23 assembly elections, party sources said here.
"Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has campaigned in the poll-bound state.
Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls Feb 23. Polls in Tripura were held on Feb 14.
Results in the three northeast states will be announced Feb 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE