Rahul Gandhi to hold poll rallies in Meghalaya
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the Feb 23 assembly elections, party sources said here.
"Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has campaigned in the poll-bound state.
Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls Feb 23. Polls in Tripura were held on Feb 14.
Results in the three northeast states will be announced Feb 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez can't wait to crack up on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Google's latest app will bring Indian art and culture closer
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration
- Parineeti Chopra is not part of 'Mubaraka'
- ITC Q1 net profit up 10% to Rs 2,385 crore