Rahul Gandhi to hold poll rallies in Meghalaya
New Delhi: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi will visit Meghalaya Wednesday to campaign for the party in the Feb 23 assembly elections, party sources said here.
"Rahul Gandhi will hold three public meetings in the state," a Congress source said.
While his first meeting will be at Williamnagar District Sports Association Stadium in the Williamnagar area in East Garo Hills, it will be followed by another meet at Saitfnad Maidan in Mawkyrwat in West Khasi Hills.
The last meeting will be at Umbuda Football Ground in Nongpoh in Ri Bhoi district, the source said.
A host of Congress leaders, including Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, has campaigned in the poll-bound state.
Congress chairperson Sonia Gandhi also addressed a rally Tuesday in the state.
Both Meghalaya and Nagaland will go to polls Feb 23. Polls in Tripura were held on Feb 14.
Results in the three northeast states will be announced Feb 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you