Senior HNLC cadre arrested
Shillong: A senior cadre of the banned Hynniewtrep National Liberation Council (HNLC) in Meghalaya was on Friday caught by Border Security Forces while he was trying to cross over from Bangladesh at Dawki, officials said.
The HNLC cadre has been identified as Poli Tangsang, a resident of Nongtalang village near Indo-Bangladesh border, they said.
According to BSF, Poli admitted to have joined the HNLC in 2007 and was involved in activities of the outfit in and around Dawki and took arms training in Niharpunjee near Lungli river of Moulvi Bazaar of Bangladesh.
He was later handed over to the police for further investigation and prosecution under the law.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative