Sikkim CM meets PM over state`s demands
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and impressed upon him the urgent need to address the issue of reservation of Assembly seats for Limboo and Tamang Scheduled Tribe communities.
An official statement issued here today said Chamling called on the Prime Minister in the capital and brought to his notice the pending demands of the state last evening.
Chamling also brought to the notice of Singh that the state had not received the second instalment of Rs 200 crore under the Prime Minister`s Package of Relief and Rehabilitation work despite clearance by the Planning Commission to the Union Finance Ministry.
This had resulted in overall delay in execution of the relief and rehabilitation work following natural calamity.
The chief minister sought his personal intervention in this regard for quick release of funds.
The Prime Minister assured Chamling that he would attend to all the pending demands of the state at the earliest, the release said.
Chamling invited Singh to visit Sikkim to inaugurate the Second International Flower Festival in February next year and Siddheshvara Dham (Char Dham) at Namchi besides laying the foundation stone of Central University at Yangang.
Expressing satisfaction at the good work being done by the state administration, the Prime Minister confirmed that he would visit Sikkim for doing these honours next year, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people