Sikkim CM meets PM over state`s demands
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling has met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and impressed upon him the urgent need to address the issue of reservation of Assembly seats for Limboo and Tamang Scheduled Tribe communities.
An official statement issued here today said Chamling called on the Prime Minister in the capital and brought to his notice the pending demands of the state last evening.
Chamling also brought to the notice of Singh that the state had not received the second instalment of Rs 200 crore under the Prime Minister`s Package of Relief and Rehabilitation work despite clearance by the Planning Commission to the Union Finance Ministry.
This had resulted in overall delay in execution of the relief and rehabilitation work following natural calamity.
The chief minister sought his personal intervention in this regard for quick release of funds.
The Prime Minister assured Chamling that he would attend to all the pending demands of the state at the earliest, the release said.
Chamling invited Singh to visit Sikkim to inaugurate the Second International Flower Festival in February next year and Siddheshvara Dham (Char Dham) at Namchi besides laying the foundation stone of Central University at Yangang.
Expressing satisfaction at the good work being done by the state administration, the Prime Minister confirmed that he would visit Sikkim for doing these honours next year, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...