Sonia Gandhi, PM cancel their Tripura visit
Agartala: Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who was scheduled to address two public meetings on Sunday before the assembly polls in Tripura, has cancelled her visit to the state, official sources said.
Officials here today received a message from New Delhi that her scheduled visit was cancelled.
Congress sources said "she has cancelled her visit because she is indisposed. She may reschedule her visit on February 12."
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who was also scheduled to address a public meeting today at Ambassa in Dhalai district of Tripura, also cancelled his trip, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview