Student fined for making false allegations on Facebook
Itanagar: A village court here has imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on a student of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) Pasighat in East Siang district for making false allegations against his college principal on Facebook.
Mibom Libang, a first year (BSc) student was found guilty on Wednesday of posting false and wild allegations against Tayek Talom, the college principal, official sources said on Thursday.
As the local people besides the teaching community of JNC and students reacted sharply against the allegation, the locals took up the matter with the Kebang (public trial), which was chaired by a senior citizen at Mirbuk village last Friday where the student confessed the offence.
Accordingly, he was imposed a penalty of Rs 50,000 for his derogatory and defamatory remarks.
Libang uploaded statements on Facebook alleging that the principal misappropriated 40 per cent of total students` fee of the college in Facebook in Adi language.
But the Kebang found after an inquiry that the statement made by the student was totally false and baseless.
When contacted, the principal confirmed the incident and added that the student had sought public apology through Facebook and the college notice board for his action.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Three linked to California terror attack arrested
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!