Student fined for making false allegations on Facebook
Itanagar: A village court here has imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on a student of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) Pasighat in East Siang district for making false allegations against his college principal on Facebook.
Mibom Libang, a first year (BSc) student was found guilty on Wednesday of posting false and wild allegations against Tayek Talom, the college principal, official sources said on Thursday.
As the local people besides the teaching community of JNC and students reacted sharply against the allegation, the locals took up the matter with the Kebang (public trial), which was chaired by a senior citizen at Mirbuk village last Friday where the student confessed the offence.
Accordingly, he was imposed a penalty of Rs 50,000 for his derogatory and defamatory remarks.
Libang uploaded statements on Facebook alleging that the principal misappropriated 40 per cent of total students` fee of the college in Facebook in Adi language.
But the Kebang found after an inquiry that the statement made by the student was totally false and baseless.
When contacted, the principal confirmed the incident and added that the student had sought public apology through Facebook and the college notice board for his action.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'