Student fined for making false allegations on Facebook
Itanagar: A village court here has imposed a fine of Rs 50,000 on a student of Jawaharlal Nehru College (JNC) Pasighat in East Siang district for making false allegations against his college principal on Facebook.
Mibom Libang, a first year (BSc) student was found guilty on Wednesday of posting false and wild allegations against Tayek Talom, the college principal, official sources said on Thursday.
As the local people besides the teaching community of JNC and students reacted sharply against the allegation, the locals took up the matter with the Kebang (public trial), which was chaired by a senior citizen at Mirbuk village last Friday where the student confessed the offence.
Accordingly, he was imposed a penalty of Rs 50,000 for his derogatory and defamatory remarks.
Libang uploaded statements on Facebook alleging that the principal misappropriated 40 per cent of total students` fee of the college in Facebook in Adi language.
But the Kebang found after an inquiry that the statement made by the student was totally false and baseless.
When contacted, the principal confirmed the incident and added that the student had sought public apology through Facebook and the college notice board for his action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog