Ten militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Ten militants of different organisations were arrested by police commandos during search operations in Manipur since Saturday, police said today.
Most of the arrested militants, including three women, were involved in serving demand letters for extortion of money to the people and planting bombs to attack security personnel, the police said.
Mobile phones and important documents were recovered from their possession.
Of the ten militants, Jilpao Baite and W. Premananda of United People`s Party of Kangleipak (UPPK) were nabbed from Paona Market complex here while five militants of People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak- Progressive (PREPAK-PRO) identified as W Premkumar, M Chandrajit, A Santibala Devi, Kh Rita Devi and T Chaoba were arrested from Shingjamei area in Imphal west district yesterday.
A militant of People`s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK) identified as Keisam Silvia Devi was also arrested during a search operation at Uripok area near here while a militant of Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP), Gurumayum Ibomcha Sharma was nabbed from Zonjeng Leikai area in Imphal West yesterday.
In another search operation, a militant of United Revolutionary Front (URF) identified as Huidrom Shyam Singh was arrested from Hatta area in Imphal East district yesterday, the police said.
The militants were handed over to Imphal West district police station for further investigation, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered