Three injured in Manipur PWD office explosion
Imphal: Three persons were injured when a
powerful timer bomb exploded in the high-security office of
the Manipur Public Works department here on Wednesday.
The bomb smashed window panes and damaged doors during
peak office hour, police said.
All the injured were admitted to hospital.
The building has been heavily fortified by securitymen
after government officials faced frequent extortion demands
by various militant outfits.
"It was a very powerful timer bomb," said Additional
Director General of Police V Jathang who along with DGF Y
Joykumar visited the spot soon after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth