Three injured in Manipur PWD office explosion
Imphal: Three persons were injured when a
powerful timer bomb exploded in the high-security office of
the Manipur Public Works department here on Wednesday.
The bomb smashed window panes and damaged doors during
peak office hour, police said.
All the injured were admitted to hospital.
The building has been heavily fortified by securitymen
after government officials faced frequent extortion demands
by various militant outfits.
"It was a very powerful timer bomb," said Additional
Director General of Police V Jathang who along with DGF Y
Joykumar visited the spot soon after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal