Three injured in Manipur PWD office explosion
Imphal: Three persons were injured when a
powerful timer bomb exploded in the high-security office of
the Manipur Public Works department here on Wednesday.
The bomb smashed window panes and damaged doors during
peak office hour, police said.
All the injured were admitted to hospital.
The building has been heavily fortified by securitymen
after government officials faced frequent extortion demands
by various militant outfits.
"It was a very powerful timer bomb," said Additional
Director General of Police V Jathang who along with DGF Y
Joykumar visited the spot soon after the explosion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video