Three insurgents arrested during search operation
Imphal: Three insurgents of Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) have been arrested by police commandos during search operations at different places in Manipur, police said on Sunday.
Following reports of movement of ultras, commandos launched a combing operation at Kakwa area in Imphal West district and arrested two insurgents identified as Salam Meiraba (19) and Leiphrakpam Ajit Meitei (23) yesterday, they said.
The two confessed that they had joined KYKL in January this year, police said, adding that they were involved in extortion of money from petrol pumps and general public.
The two also motivated young boys and girls to join the KYKL outfit, they said.
In another combing operation at Kakching area in Thoubal district yesterday, commandos arrested a KYKL insurgent identified as Sh Rakesh Sharma (22) and recovered one mobile phone from him, they said.
Over 50 insurgents belonging to different organisations have so far been arrested during various search operations in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur