Three insurgents arrested during search operation
Imphal: Three insurgents of Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) have been arrested by police commandos during search operations at different places in Manipur, police said on Sunday.
Following reports of movement of ultras, commandos launched a combing operation at Kakwa area in Imphal West district and arrested two insurgents identified as Salam Meiraba (19) and Leiphrakpam Ajit Meitei (23) yesterday, they said.
The two confessed that they had joined KYKL in January this year, police said, adding that they were involved in extortion of money from petrol pumps and general public.
The two also motivated young boys and girls to join the KYKL outfit, they said.
In another combing operation at Kakching area in Thoubal district yesterday, commandos arrested a KYKL insurgent identified as Sh Rakesh Sharma (22) and recovered one mobile phone from him, they said.
Over 50 insurgents belonging to different organisations have so far been arrested during various search operations in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Waterlogging in Gurgaon hits Dehi-Jaipur route
- Hillary Clinton says Donald Trump wants US to `fear the future`
- Look what Karisma Kapoor has to say about sister Kareena Kapoor Khan’s baby
- Libya forces `retake` Benghazi district from jihadists
- HILARIOUS! Neymar fan caught in laundry room of Olympic team hotel