Three insurgents arrested during search operation
Imphal: Three insurgents of Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) have been arrested by police commandos during search operations at different places in Manipur, police said on Sunday.
Following reports of movement of ultras, commandos launched a combing operation at Kakwa area in Imphal West district and arrested two insurgents identified as Salam Meiraba (19) and Leiphrakpam Ajit Meitei (23) yesterday, they said.
The two confessed that they had joined KYKL in January this year, police said, adding that they were involved in extortion of money from petrol pumps and general public.
The two also motivated young boys and girls to join the KYKL outfit, they said.
In another combing operation at Kakching area in Thoubal district yesterday, commandos arrested a KYKL insurgent identified as Sh Rakesh Sharma (22) and recovered one mobile phone from him, they said.
Over 50 insurgents belonging to different organisations have so far been arrested during various search operations in Manipur this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list