Three militants arrested in Manipur
Imphal: Three militants of different outfits have been arrested during search operations by police commandos and para-military forces in Manipur, official sources said on Tuesday.
Police said a militant of People`s United Liberation Front identified as Md Mujibur (35) was arrested from Lilong area in Thoubal district along with one rifle and some rounds of ammunition yesterday.
They said another militant of the United Revolutionary Front identified as Sagolsem Boinu (23) and an activist of Kangleipak Communist Party-Military Council Chongtham Achouba (41) were arrested during search operations from Thangmeiband area in Imphal west district here last evening.
Extortion letters to be served to officials and some business persons were recovered from their possession, sources said adding that all the three have been handed over to Imphal west district police station for further interrogation, sources said.
About 200 militants of different organistions have so far been arrested by police and other security agencies from various parts of Manipur this year, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!