Top insurgent leader taken to Guwahati
Imphal: A top insurgent leader of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), who was lodged in Manipur Central Jail, has been taken to Guwahati to hand him over to National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said on Wednesday.
Self-styled Lt Col Khumanthem Punshi (30) was arrested from Paltan Bazar area in Guwahati by a team of Assam and Manipur police some months ago. He was brought to Manipur for a case involving him, sources said, adding that he was lodged at Manipur central jail as an undertrial.
Sources said as demanded by the NIA, he was taken to Guwahati yesterday adding that he was allegedly involved in many unlawful activities in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites