Top insurgent leader taken to Guwahati
Imphal: A top insurgent leader of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), who was lodged in Manipur Central Jail, has been taken to Guwahati to hand him over to National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said on Wednesday.
Self-styled Lt Col Khumanthem Punshi (30) was arrested from Paltan Bazar area in Guwahati by a team of Assam and Manipur police some months ago. He was brought to Manipur for a case involving him, sources said, adding that he was lodged at Manipur central jail as an undertrial.
Sources said as demanded by the NIA, he was taken to Guwahati yesterday adding that he was allegedly involved in many unlawful activities in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends