Top insurgent leader taken to Guwahati
Imphal: A top insurgent leader of banned People`s Liberation Army (PLA), who was lodged in Manipur Central Jail, has been taken to Guwahati to hand him over to National Investigation Agency (NIA), police said on Wednesday.
Self-styled Lt Col Khumanthem Punshi (30) was arrested from Paltan Bazar area in Guwahati by a team of Assam and Manipur police some months ago. He was brought to Manipur for a case involving him, sources said, adding that he was lodged at Manipur central jail as an undertrial.
Sources said as demanded by the NIA, he was taken to Guwahati yesterday adding that he was allegedly involved in many unlawful activities in Manipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city