Tripura to set up new system to track criminals
Agartala: A Crime and Criminal Tracking Network System (CCTNS) would set up in Tripura as part of a nation-wide scheme to track criminals, an officer said here on Tuesday.
The CCTNS project is an advanced software application which would empower police organisations and help policing at the e-governance level.
Tripura Chief Minister Manik Sarkar will formally set up the CCTNS in the northeastern state on Police Day Friday.
"Networking among all police stations and setting up of necessary infrastructure is almost ready in the state to operationalise the CCTNS. The new system would help police to solve criminal activities promptly," Inspector General of Police Nepal Das told a news agency.
According to an official document, the central government has approved Rs. 2,000 crore to connect a network in 14,000 police stations and 6,000 supervisory and related offices across the country under CCTNS.
CCTNS would create a national data bank of crime cases and criminals and their biometric profiles. This database will be synchronized with databases of other agencies of the criminal justice system like courts, jails, Immigration services centres, passport authorities, forensic labs, transport department and mobile companies in a phased manner.
"To study crime, dealing of law and order system, sharing crime and criminals` databases across the country at state and central levels, and sharing intelligence on real-time basis, the CCTNS would play a key role," an official document stated.
"The new system would increase the overall image of efficient, modern and citizen friendly policing."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- China to feel Brexit effects, yuan to weaken against dollar: JP Morgan
- As Central India faces drought, violence and murders on the rise over water
- Baby boom! Teejay Sidhu and Karanvir Bohra to become parents for the first time
- Tripura Governor gets additional charge of Arunachal Pradesh
- Bucket list: You must try these things at least once before turning 25!