Twelve houses gutted in Mizoram
Aizawl: At least 12 houses, belonging to the Bru community in Putlungasih village in south Mizoram`s Lunglei district were completely gutted today, official sources said.
No one was killed or injured in the fire which broke out at around noon reportedly from a house belonging to H Lalhmingthanga, they said, adding, that the cause of fire was yet to be determined.
Meanwhile, the forest fire, which started five days back, continued to create havoc and ravaged large forest area in central Mizoram`s Serchhip district, prompting the district administration to take emergency measures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister