Two constables forced to drink urine in Meghalaya
Shillong: A Meghalaya Police battalion instructor has been removed from duty after he made two recruit constables drink the urine of fellow trainees, police here said.
The incident took place Sunday in the 2nd Meghalaya Police Battalion in Goeragre in West Garo Hills district, after the duo fought with another recruit during lunch at a community kitchen, a police official said Friday.
Goeragre is around 300 km from here.
The instructor allegedly asked three recruits to urinate in bottles and forced the two recruits to drink it in the presence of 600 constables during the night roll call, a police official said.
Taking suo moto action, Meghalaya Police authorities have replaced the training instructor and sought an explanation from him regarding the incident.
"This sort of punishment is unacceptable. He could have punished them with an extra drill," N Rajamarthandan, commandant of 2nd Meghalaya Police battalion, told a news agency.
He said a probe had also been ordered into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!