Two militants held, bombs seized in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested and several powerful bombs recovered from different areas of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
A Rita Devi (41) of the Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) was arrested from Cheirao Ching area in Imphal West district yesterday.
A 9mm pistol, 61 rounds of ammunition of different weapons, two mobile phones and `monetary demand letters` were recovered from her possession. She was allegedly involved in extortion, police said.
Another militant Hejim Jang (35) of the Kuki National Army (KNA) was arrested from Litan area in Ukhrul district yesterday.
Several powerful bombs were recovered by police and central military forces from Top Kuki area in Imphal East district during a search operation yesterday. The bombs were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!