Two militants held, bombs seized in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested and several powerful bombs recovered from different areas of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
A Rita Devi (41) of the Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) was arrested from Cheirao Ching area in Imphal West district yesterday.
A 9mm pistol, 61 rounds of ammunition of different weapons, two mobile phones and `monetary demand letters` were recovered from her possession. She was allegedly involved in extortion, police said.
Another militant Hejim Jang (35) of the Kuki National Army (KNA) was arrested from Litan area in Ukhrul district yesterday.
Several powerful bombs were recovered by police and central military forces from Top Kuki area in Imphal East district during a search operation yesterday. The bombs were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi