Two militants held, bombs seized in Manipur
Imphal: Two militants were arrested and several powerful bombs recovered from different areas of Manipur, police said on Tuesday.
A Rita Devi (41) of the Kanglei Yawol Kann Lup (KYKL) was arrested from Cheirao Ching area in Imphal West district yesterday.
A 9mm pistol, 61 rounds of ammunition of different weapons, two mobile phones and `monetary demand letters` were recovered from her possession. She was allegedly involved in extortion, police said.
Another militant Hejim Jang (35) of the Kuki National Army (KNA) was arrested from Litan area in Ukhrul district yesterday.
Several powerful bombs were recovered by police and central military forces from Top Kuki area in Imphal East district during a search operation yesterday. The bombs were later defused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 40 naxals surrender in Bastar
- Pakistan shocker: Minor girl raped, thrown off roof in Karachi
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today