Vehicles stranded on Imphal-Jiribam NH
Imphal: At least 200 vehicles loaded with essential items are stranded at Nung Dolan on the National Highway connecting Imphal to Silchar via Jiribam in interior Tamenglong district after a huge landslide blocked the road.
About 600 vehicles had left Jiribam, about 222 kms west of here, last Tuesday for Imphal, but a massive landslide buried a bridge at Nung Dolan on the national highway 37.
Personnel of the Border Road Task Force, which are trying to clear the road, Thursday said it would take about three to four days to completely remove the mud and repair the bridge.’
Of the 200 vehicles stranded between Nung Dolan and Kaimai on the highway, six belong to security personnel escorting them, reports from the district said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation Part II
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!