Vehicles stranded on Imphal-Jiribam NH
Imphal: At least 200 vehicles loaded with essential items are stranded at Nung Dolan on the National Highway connecting Imphal to Silchar via Jiribam in interior Tamenglong district after a huge landslide blocked the road.
About 600 vehicles had left Jiribam, about 222 kms west of here, last Tuesday for Imphal, but a massive landslide buried a bridge at Nung Dolan on the national highway 37.
Personnel of the Border Road Task Force, which are trying to clear the road, Thursday said it would take about three to four days to completely remove the mud and repair the bridge.’
Of the 200 vehicles stranded between Nung Dolan and Kaimai on the highway, six belong to security personnel escorting them, reports from the district said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das