AAP likely to field candidates in all 21 LS seats in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Aiming to put up candidates in all the 21 Lok Sabha seats in Odisha, the state unit of the Aam Aadmi Party on Friday launched the "Mein Bhi Hun Aam Aadmi" campaign with a target of enrolling three lakh members by January 26.
Stating that the party was trying to put up candidates in all the 21 Lok Sabha seats in Odisha, APP`s state convener Nishikant Mohapatra said it would take a decision soon on fielding candidates in the assembly elections also.
Though AAP`s initial target was to enroll one lakh members in the state, it later changed the number in view of the people`s trust in the common man`s party, Mohapatra said.
Stating that the party was not yet organisationally equipped to deal with the massive increase in the number of people seeking membership in every part of the country, he said AAP has decided to launch a special drive in every state to enroll more people.
"Now, any member of the Aam Aadmi Party can initiate membership drive in his or her locality without waiting for permission for membership from any source," he said.
So far, more than 40,000 people have enrolled with the party across the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!