AAP likely to field candidates in all 21 LS seats in Odisha
Bhubaneswar: Aiming to put up candidates in all the 21 Lok Sabha seats in Odisha, the state unit of the Aam Aadmi Party on Friday launched the "Mein Bhi Hun Aam Aadmi" campaign with a target of enrolling three lakh members by January 26.
Stating that the party was trying to put up candidates in all the 21 Lok Sabha seats in Odisha, APP`s state convener Nishikant Mohapatra said it would take a decision soon on fielding candidates in the assembly elections also.
Though AAP`s initial target was to enroll one lakh members in the state, it later changed the number in view of the people`s trust in the common man`s party, Mohapatra said.
Stating that the party was not yet organisationally equipped to deal with the massive increase in the number of people seeking membership in every part of the country, he said AAP has decided to launch a special drive in every state to enroll more people.
"Now, any member of the Aam Aadmi Party can initiate membership drive in his or her locality without waiting for permission for membership from any source," he said.
So far, more than 40,000 people have enrolled with the party across the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued