BJD elects Patnaik president for fifth time
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal Monday elected Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik its president for the fifth time in a row.
Patnaik was the only candidate to have filed nomination papers for the post. "He was elected unopposed," the party`s returning officer and government chief whip Prabhat Tripathy told reporters.
The BJD was founded by Naveen Patnaik after the death of his father Biju Patnaik in 1997. The organisational elections of the party are held every three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!