BJD elects Patnaik president for fifth time
Bhubaneswar: Odisha`s ruling Biju Janata Dal Monday elected Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik its president for the fifth time in a row.
Patnaik was the only candidate to have filed nomination papers for the post. "He was elected unopposed," the party`s returning officer and government chief whip Prabhat Tripathy told reporters.
The BJD was founded by Naveen Patnaik after the death of his father Biju Patnaik in 1997. The organisational elections of the party are held every three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala