BJD worker shot dead in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A ruling BJD worker was shot dead by unidentified assailants near Sorada in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said here on Tuesday.
Shankar Bisoi (35) was returning in a motorbike from Bhanjanagar to Sorada last night when the miscreants attacked him with sharp weapons before opening fire, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Aska, AC Padhi said.
Bisoi was taken to MKCG Medical College Hospital here where he succumbed to the injuries.
Though the cause of the incident was yet to be ascertained, police suspected it to be a fallout of previous enmity.
The police intensified patrolling in the area to nab the assailants, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state