BJD worker shot dead in Odisha
Berhampur (Odisha): A ruling BJD worker was shot dead by unidentified assailants near Sorada in Odisha`s Ganjam district, police said here on Tuesday.
Shankar Bisoi (35) was returning in a motorbike from Bhanjanagar to Sorada last night when the miscreants attacked him with sharp weapons before opening fire, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Aska, AC Padhi said.
Bisoi was taken to MKCG Medical College Hospital here where he succumbed to the injuries.
Though the cause of the incident was yet to be ascertained, police suspected it to be a fallout of previous enmity.
The police intensified patrolling in the area to nab the assailants, the SDPO said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed