Maoists kill tribal branding him as informer
Koraput: Maoists have gunned down a tribal villager suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The blood-stained body of Gumpha Kadraka (45) of Gurumeda was spotted by villagers at nearby Nilabadi village last night, police said.
The Maoists, who shot Kadraka from close range on his temple, had left a letter near the body which said they had warned him earlier to refrain from anti-Naxal activities.
He was a police informer and passed on information to the police about Naxal operation in the area, the note claimed.
However, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao refuted the charge stating that Kadraka was not a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read