Maoists kill tribal branding him as informer
Koraput: Maoists have gunned down a tribal villager suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The blood-stained body of Gumpha Kadraka (45) of Gurumeda was spotted by villagers at nearby Nilabadi village last night, police said.
The Maoists, who shot Kadraka from close range on his temple, had left a letter near the body which said they had warned him earlier to refrain from anti-Naxal activities.
He was a police informer and passed on information to the police about Naxal operation in the area, the note claimed.
However, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao refuted the charge stating that Kadraka was not a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference