Maoists kill tribal branding him as informer
Koraput: Maoists have gunned down a tribal villager suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The blood-stained body of Gumpha Kadraka (45) of Gurumeda was spotted by villagers at nearby Nilabadi village last night, police said.
The Maoists, who shot Kadraka from close range on his temple, had left a letter near the body which said they had warned him earlier to refrain from anti-Naxal activities.
He was a police informer and passed on information to the police about Naxal operation in the area, the note claimed.
However, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao refuted the charge stating that Kadraka was not a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi