Maoists kill tribal branding him as informer
Koraput: Maoists have gunned down a tribal villager suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The blood-stained body of Gumpha Kadraka (45) of Gurumeda was spotted by villagers at nearby Nilabadi village last night, police said.
The Maoists, who shot Kadraka from close range on his temple, had left a letter near the body which said they had warned him earlier to refrain from anti-Naxal activities.
He was a police informer and passed on information to the police about Naxal operation in the area, the note claimed.
However, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao refuted the charge stating that Kadraka was not a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal