Maoists kill tribal branding him as informer
Koraput: Maoists have gunned down a tribal villager suspecting him to be a police informer in Odisha`s Koraput district.
The blood-stained body of Gumpha Kadraka (45) of Gurumeda was spotted by villagers at nearby Nilabadi village last night, police said.
The Maoists, who shot Kadraka from close range on his temple, had left a letter near the body which said they had warned him earlier to refrain from anti-Naxal activities.
He was a police informer and passed on information to the police about Naxal operation in the area, the note claimed.
However, sub-divisional police officer (SDPO), Laxmipur, Y Jagannath Rao refuted the charge stating that Kadraka was not a police informer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- India has ability to target whole of Pakistan: Experts on AQ Khan's nuclear attack threat
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Kiran Bedi takes oath as Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry
- French Open 2016, Day 8: Muguruza, Rogers, Murray, Wawrinka into quarters
- Comets responsible for initiating life on planet Earth: Study