BJD youth wing proposes demonstration before Parliament
Bhubaneswar: Accusing the Congress-led UPA government of "putting hurdles" before Odisha`s progress, the youth wing of the ruling BJD on Sunday proposed to hold a demonstration before Parliament to lodge protest.
The proposal was given by Biju Yuva Janata Dal president and deputy government chief whip Sanjay Dasburma at a massive youth rally here attended by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, ministers, MPs and MLAs.
"We seek permission from the BJD president to allow us to hold a protest demonstration before Parliament. The UPA government continued to put hurdles before Odisha`s progress," Dasburma said while almost all the party ministers and leaders strongly criticised the UPA government.
Besides demanding special category state status for Odisha, the ruling party leaders highlighted negligence towards the state in railway sector, delay in revision of mineral royalty, Nalco disinvestment issue, long term development programme for KBK region, Polavaram project in Andhra Pradesh, and other issues.
Patnaik, who attended the meeting, however, did not said a word against the Centre while he focused on the youths, who constitute 42 per cent of Odisha`s population.
The chief minister suggested party`s youth wing to pick up at least 10 youths from each village and prepare a strong youth army of 5 lakh. "There are 50,000 villages in the state. If we chose 10 youths from each village, they can be made agents of change," Patnaik said.
Apart from protesting the Centre`s attitude, the BJD leaders pledged to work hard to ensure to ensure continuance of Naveen Patnaik government in the state. "No one can stop Naveen Patnaik to become chief minister of Odisha for fourth consecutive time after 2014 elections," state Health minister and BJD vice-president Damodar Rout said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- DNA: Dr Subhash Chandra show on importance of 'Social media networking'
- No trace of missing IAF AN-32 plane as yet
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli