BJD`s legs moving in different directions: Yechury
Bhubaneswar: Taking note of the changing political scenario in Odisha after expulsion of Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra from BJD, CPI-M on Saturday said the ruling party`s legs were moving in different directions.
"Two legs have been moving in different directions. We have to see in which direction it will go... It has just begun... A different direction has been given by one of its important leaders (Pyarimohan)," CPI (M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury told reporters on the sideline of a function here.
"Changes have started taking place in Odisha politics. Let us see what happens," he said.
Yechury, who sat next to Mohapatra in Rajya Sabha some time ago, held that the expelled leader would continue to remain a Rajya Sabha member after his expulsion from BJD.
He said CPI-M had gone to polls last time with BJD in Odisha. "We are also fighting together against FDI in retail in Parliament," he said.
Yechury`s statement is significant as Mohapatra had been instrumental in forging a seat adjustment between Left parties and BJD during the 2009 elections.
BJD had seat adjustments with CPI, CPI(M) and NCP for the 2009 elections after severing 11-year-old ties with BJP.
While CPI candidates won in one assembly and one Lok Sabha seat in 2009, NCP candidates could win in four assembly segments. The CPI(M) candidates, however, failed to win any seat in the state last time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid