BJD`s legs moving in different directions: Yechury
Bhubaneswar: Taking note of the changing political scenario in Odisha after expulsion of Rajya Sabha MP Pyarimohan Mohapatra from BJD, CPI-M on Saturday said the ruling party`s legs were moving in different directions.
"Two legs have been moving in different directions. We have to see in which direction it will go... It has just begun... A different direction has been given by one of its important leaders (Pyarimohan)," CPI (M) politburo member Sitaram Yechury told reporters on the sideline of a function here.
"Changes have started taking place in Odisha politics. Let us see what happens," he said.
Yechury, who sat next to Mohapatra in Rajya Sabha some time ago, held that the expelled leader would continue to remain a Rajya Sabha member after his expulsion from BJD.
He said CPI-M had gone to polls last time with BJD in Odisha. "We are also fighting together against FDI in retail in Parliament," he said.
Yechury`s statement is significant as Mohapatra had been instrumental in forging a seat adjustment between Left parties and BJD during the 2009 elections.
BJD had seat adjustments with CPI, CPI(M) and NCP for the 2009 elections after severing 11-year-old ties with BJP.
While CPI candidates won in one assembly and one Lok Sabha seat in 2009, NCP candidates could win in four assembly segments. The CPI(M) candidates, however, failed to win any seat in the state last time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!