BPUT cancels exam, files FIR after paper leak
Bhubaneswar: The authorities of the Biju Patnaik University and Technology (BPUT) on Wednesday lodged an FIR and cancelled the examination following leakage of a question paper last night.
"We have cancelled the examination scheduled to be held today after the leakage of the question paper last night. The BPUT has set up a high-level committee to probe the incident," BPUT vice-chancellor J K Satpathy told PTI adding that they came to know about the incident from students.
The question paper of third paper (Controlling Engineering System) of Electronics and Telecommunication`s (ETC) 5th semester, was available in the Internet. Copies of the leaked question paper was also sent to some media persons, university sources said.
To find out the source of leakage, the VC said: "all college principals were directed to return the question paper packets with original seal. They were informed about cancellation of the examination ahead of the examination time."
As the principals were informed in advance about cancellation of the examination, they should not have broken original seal on the question packet, he said adding that the authorities had also informed the Odisha Governor who was also the chancellor of the University, about the incident.
The sources said examination for the subject will be conducted later for which notification will be issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon