BPUT cancels exam, files FIR after paper leak
Bhubaneswar: The authorities of the Biju Patnaik University and Technology (BPUT) on Wednesday lodged an FIR and cancelled the examination following leakage of a question paper last night.
"We have cancelled the examination scheduled to be held today after the leakage of the question paper last night. The BPUT has set up a high-level committee to probe the incident," BPUT vice-chancellor J K Satpathy told PTI adding that they came to know about the incident from students.
The question paper of third paper (Controlling Engineering System) of Electronics and Telecommunication`s (ETC) 5th semester, was available in the Internet. Copies of the leaked question paper was also sent to some media persons, university sources said.
To find out the source of leakage, the VC said: "all college principals were directed to return the question paper packets with original seal. They were informed about cancellation of the examination ahead of the examination time."
As the principals were informed in advance about cancellation of the examination, they should not have broken original seal on the question packet, he said adding that the authorities had also informed the Odisha Governor who was also the chancellor of the University, about the incident.
The sources said examination for the subject will be conducted later for which notification will be issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH