BPUT cancels exam, files FIR after paper leak
Bhubaneswar: The authorities of the Biju Patnaik University and Technology (BPUT) on Wednesday lodged an FIR and cancelled the examination following leakage of a question paper last night.
"We have cancelled the examination scheduled to be held today after the leakage of the question paper last night. The BPUT has set up a high-level committee to probe the incident," BPUT vice-chancellor J K Satpathy told PTI adding that they came to know about the incident from students.
The question paper of third paper (Controlling Engineering System) of Electronics and Telecommunication`s (ETC) 5th semester, was available in the Internet. Copies of the leaked question paper was also sent to some media persons, university sources said.
To find out the source of leakage, the VC said: "all college principals were directed to return the question paper packets with original seal. They were informed about cancellation of the examination ahead of the examination time."
As the principals were informed in advance about cancellation of the examination, they should not have broken original seal on the question packet, he said adding that the authorities had also informed the Odisha Governor who was also the chancellor of the University, about the incident.
The sources said examination for the subject will be conducted later for which notification will be issued.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions